Our Outreach Program
Our Outreach Program caters for groups from around the corner or across regional WA. Our artists can come to your school or venue to present workshops, or we can deliver workshops individually tailored for your school or community group at our venue.
We can work with you to develop large or small scale projects, including assistance in applying for additional funding.
SEA can come to your school or community!
- Workshops contribute to students’ personal development, building self confidence, knowledge & skills, & enhancing teamwork.
- We can assist you in developing acts, performances and shows
- Students get to express themselves creatively
- To increase health & fitness
- We can help you celebrate! We can organise a performance for your end of year concert or special event.
- We can tutor your students to help them realise their potential in a production your staff have organised.
- To develop understanding of the Outcomes of the Australian Curriculum, including the Arts, Health and Physical Education, Mathematics and Science.
- To contribute to teachers’ professional development
- To allow students to engage with professional artists
- Recent research has found that participating in arts learning enhances a school students’ abilities in all other Learning Areas.
What Workshops do we do and what’s involved?
Most of our sessions whether they are drama, circus or dance follow the same broad outline. We start with games, followed by a warm up, skills development, with perhaps improvisation or performance making. For Drama and Dance one hour is a good length for 1 session, with at least 2 sessions in a row for an artist, especially if there is travel involved. For Circus, we recommend at least one and a half hours.
Conversely you could visit us here as part of your excursion to Albany. Circus and puppetry are good for one-off workshops.
is an energetic workshops that offers participants opportunities to tumble over the floor, jump across the trampolines, manipulate the hoops, fly through the air and hang from the ceiling. Students will have fun learning new skills and trying unique circus apparatuses.
is an exciting workshops that take participants though specific techniques, choreography and improvisation. Students will build strength, fitness and posture as well as having lots of fun.
- Puppetry & Mask
workshops are creative and hands on, for those who love making stuff, and then making that stuff move! The workshop follows a casual format of ‘look, discuss, create and perform’.
concentrates on the “Tools of the Actor”, voice, body, mind and imagination to develop physical awareness and ability to express thoughts and feelings in contemporary theatre.